Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Simple Things That Make a Difference

Hey all just a quick note today to share a simple thought (and some photos with you).

Like many of you I have photos, pieces of artwork, great cards from family and friends and little bits and pieces that I like to keep in view to encourage me (and those in my home) throughout the day. Sometimes I take a moment and just gaze at everything on my cluttered cork board and I find my soul is warmed by all these 'odds and ends'.

The thing that I find a little frustrating is that the cork board that all of these things are located on is rather unattractive and it doesn't really serve as a 'piece of artwork' in my kitchen (see photo below).


So here's what I did to rectify the situation..... My friend Mel makes these incredible MEMORY BOARDS (as she calls them). You've probably seen them around but I promise you haven't seen any until you've seen these. You see Mel has the most incredible taste in fabric and all the 'bits' that go with the board. I promise you they are beautiful - anyone who sees them asks her to make them one - which is exactly what I did.

My little piece of 'life as it's happening' which hangs on my wall is no longer a mish-mash of stuff rather it has become a feature on my wall that attracts everyone's attention. And it was a simple change that made a huge difference in something so necessary in my home. I can't wait to get some made up for my daughters room (her children's boards are exquisite).

Check the before and the after photos and let the evidence speak for itself.

If you are interested in a Memory Board feel free to call Mel on 0410424192. Also, Mel will have some of her products on display at our familyroom LIVE event on November 16th so come ready to pick up a great piece and make a difference with your memories.

Susan xoxo
©The Family Room 2006

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading this blog....VERY encouraging!

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Great i'm glad your enjoying it. so good to know that the Canadians are enjoying this spot.

thefamilyroom said...

I like the new look Susan!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what Mel has to offer at Family Room Live!

Anonymous said...

Love the memory board idea, I might be able to tidy up the refrigerator so I can actually give it a clean!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys are liking this post. My hubby came home from an OS trip this week and he noticed the board and commented on how great it looked. I've also had people over all weekend (Sat. 7 couples who had never been before and Sun. 6 great friends+ children) and everyone commented on how great the board looks. 3 of them mentioned that they were going to give Mel a call......HOW GREAT. Well done Mel. Get yourself one girls and as I said, "Mel's are the best I've seen anywhere and I've been looking for a LONG time."
Susan xo

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics