Saturday, February 17, 2007

Perspective.......


I thought I'd take a moment tonight to share my day with you and how PERSPECTIVE played a huge part.

My day was great, it was actually full of chores. We've been away for well over 7 weeks and our re-entry although amazing required a lot of 'hands on' from myself. I spent most of the day cleaning house, doing laundry and re-organising pretty much everything. I like things to be a certain way and I love to be organised and on top of things in my home. I find that being this way allows spontaneity to flow, it actually builds relaxation into everyone because home is in harmony (I'm sure you know what I mean if not, we can give you some tools and ideas that will help you establish a comfortable home life).

Perspective came knocking at my door when my children were in the pool. They had cleaned their rooms in the morning, did the lunch dishes and cleaned up the kitchen and were finally enjoying a much desired break in the pool. As I continued with my laundry and sorting they kept asking me to come in for a swim, constantly reminding me that summer wouldn't last much longer and the opportunity to spend an afternoon in the pool would be gone soon. To responded by saying, "let me finish this basket of laundry and then I'll think about coming out."

After about the forth time they asked and I responded with the same answer something within me knocked.....It was PERSPECTIVE! I remembered something my mother once told me, which was, "laundry will be with you forever, there will always be another basket, another pair of dirty jeans, more ironing. However your children are young but once so take advantage of the time you get with them."

You know how my story ends. I left the basket sitting on the lounge and went straight to the swimming pool, we played marco polo, tag, practiced for the swimming carnival, sprayed each other with the hose, for over two hours. We talked, we drank iced tea, had a snack and pretty much enjoyed an incredible day.

Perspective knocked today and I answered the door and I'm so glad I did. Sometimes we need to walk away from the laundry basket, the TV, computer, telephone or whatever else and get some perspective about situations in our lives. It's interesting how crystal clear things become when we allow a moment for PERSPECTIVE to be our guide.

Have the best day!

Susan xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan,
I love this story and I love that you listen and you challenge us to do the same. Our children, our relationships and ourselves are much richer because we stop.....it's hard sometimes but we're reminded by people like you.
Thank you.
Angel

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you I don't like this blogspot.....I LOVE IT and LOVE everything you guys put up. Susan you constantly keep me on my toes. Thanks for talking so freely.
Linda

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics