Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Power to Carry On... Don't Give Up!


Hello everyone!

Well, after many requests from Susan, I have finally sat down to put together a post. I really hope you enjoy it, it’s simple and I hope encouraging – as I see it, sometimes the important things are found in the simple and the ‘everydayness’ of life.

My year has started off strong, as you have read Susan and I are committed to getting into shape, plus I have decided that I am going to put more time into ME. Unfortunately this is something that has gone by the wayside over the last few years, being a mother of 3 and having other requirements on my life I sort of put ME at the bottom of the list. This year I am changing that because I realise that in order to give more of myself I need to keep my tank on full.

Today I thought I would share with you about my amazing TWIN sister Caroline (or Caz as we call her). Caroline is the same age as me, she is 37 years old (that was a joke…..hope you got it, we’re twins), she is a single parent to 4 fantastic kids and over the last 3 years Caz has had to fight the biggest battle of her life…… Breast Cancer. The picture above is of Caz and I - Caz is on the left and that's me on the right :)

I am continually amazed as I watch my sister walk through this part of her life, I can’t walk it for her but I try and be there in any and everyway possible. Her strength, dignity and sheer determination inspire me everyday. Regardless of the day Caz may be having, and some are harder than others, she continues to give of herself to her children and to those in her world. I am so proud of her!

I wanted to share this story with you to encourage you – you know, by encouraging each other we give COURAGE. Courage to deal with whatever it is we are facing and whatever mountain is in front of us. Courage tells us we can climb that mountain it just needs to be done 1 step at a time (remember Rome wasn’t built in a day). Also, strangely enough a lot of our healing and strength comes from helping others. Like my sister I encourage you to extend a hand to someone else in need – it’s amazing how great you will feel.

As I watch Caz walk this journey (and as I walk it with her) I can honestly say it doesn’t matter what your mountain looks like, it may be your health, your marriage, hassles with the kids or your parents or something else. Or, maybe like me you have decided that this year you are going to build health into your life through exercise. Whatever it is you CAN do it and you WILL.

Be brave in whatever situation you find yourself in. I know my sister has a long way to travel to be well, but she would say, “Don’t give up, within you lies the Power to Carry On!”

Belinda xxxooo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Belinda I love this post. Thanks for putting it up and sharing your life. I know people will be inspired by your sisters life. Thank you!
Susan

Anonymous said...

Belinda thank you for sharing. I am encouraged by your sisters life.
Ruth

thefamilyroom said...

Belinda,
I know you've already read it twice, but thank you so much for sharing!
You my friend are an incredible woman, and huge inspiration and encouragement to MANY. Thanks so much for being such an amazing example to me!
Love you!
~cj
xoxox

Anonymous said...

Hey Belinda,
Both you and your sister are amazing. I hope that sister's around the world catch on. I know that my sister's struggles and stories of overcoming have enriched my life.
Margaret.

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics