Friday, February 02, 2007

TIME FOR A CHECK UP!!! How are your New Year's Resolutions going?


Well anyone who knows me knows that I’m big on checking the progress of things (especially when it comes to cooking and baking). Anyway, last year I was asked to speak at an event and I spoke about ACCOUNTABILITY……that’s a ‘yikes’ word to most of us I know. Accountability is hard but necessary and wise to have in all of our lives.

Today I want to ask everyone a simple question and hopefully give a few suggestions that will keep you on track this year. We are now into February and my question is, “How are your New Years Resolutions/Hopes/Thoughts or Ideas going”? Are you seeing things happen? Whatever they may be, are you making steps to improve in these areas of your life?

I ask this simply because it is our hope that each one of you will accomplish something that you set out to change or make better this year.

A few familyroom tips on how to stay on top of your resolutions/hopes:

Keep a checklist: Pick a date each month and sit down with a cup of tea or coffee and see what you’ve done the previous month. Through this you will recognise areas that require your attention and you’re able to look at the month ahead of you and set targets and goals.

Find a partner: Find someone you can share your monthly goals with and give them access to ask and follow-up with your progress. This is challenging – you are becoming vulnerable so make sure you have thick skin.

Don’t get frustrated: You will have setbacks but don’t let them get you down. Keep chipping away and before you know it you WILL see progress.

Keep Perspective: Perspective is important (I will talk more about this in a later posting). Perspective allows you to take a breath and sometimes operate moment-by-moment when it gets hard. Keep your eye on the goal and don’t become overwhelmed by surrounding events or situations.

Finally, have fun and know that as you achieve a few of the initial, perhaps smaller goals that larger ones find themselves in your line of vision. This happens because your confidence grows, adrenaline kicks in and you become a person with vision. Vision keeps us going in the right direction.

Have fun and let us know about some of the great things you are seeing happen in your life this year.

Susan xoxo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh you caught me. Thank you for reminding me about everything I had thought about doing this year (and haven't been). I'm lacing up my shoes tomorrow and hitting the road on my way to fitness......
Thanks.
Joanne

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone!

Well, I'm back in action and looking forward to chatting with you again this week.

This was a great blurb Susan and so inline with what I want to talk about on the blog over the next few weeks.

Nutrition, weight loss, New Year's resolutions OH MY!

I'm hitting it all hard in my own life this year and look forward to sharing the journey with you...

Lv Jane

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jane I can't wait to read your post. 2007 is our year!
Susan

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics