Friday, June 15, 2007

Yummy Vegetable Soup

Firstly let me aplogise for the delay in posting something. We've had a very crazy week....Anyway, as the old saying goes "better late than never".

I've decided to share this beautiful Vegetable Soup recipe with you. The other night my good friend Nicki (whom you know from the blog and our podcasts) called and asked if her and her girls could come over for dinner ~ they were coming to my place later and were out at swimming lessons so decided (as they sometimes do) to come straight to ours for dinner rather than going all the way home first (oh the details....I know you love them :).

We were having a very simple vegetable soup with some great crusty rolls ~ a simple yet very nutritious meal. Nicki and her girls arrived and Nicki loved the soup and asked for the recipe. I explained to her how incredibly simple it was and how I had only started cooking (chopping and preparing) at 5:10pm and we were all sitting and eating just before 6pm. So easy, so fresh, and so yummy.

After talking with Nicki I thought I should post my little recipe ~ it's all made up from things I seem to remember reading so have a go and enjoy. If you are living in Sydney this is a perfect recipe for our cold, wet weather right now, if you are experiencing summer weather right now this soup is perfect cold as well (I know some of you think that's really gross but it's actually nice and very refreshing on a hot day).

Okay here goes!

Yummy Vegetable Soup


2 cups Chicken, Vegetable or Beef Stock (I use Vegetable)
1 cup Water
1 Large Can chopped tomatoes (if you don't want a tomato based soup simply leave this out and it will be a clear soup)
Add Chopped Vegetables (I used chopped new potatoes ~ chopped into small pieces, 1 red capsicum chopped, 1 onion finely chopped, 2 carrots chopped smallish, 2 good handfuls of green beans, 2 stocks of celery, 1 zucchini, 1 can kernel corn.
1-2 cloves of garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste
To add to this and make it a heavier meal you could include: rice, pasta, beans (of any sort) or barley.

That's it friends a super easy, super yummy and super quick vegetable soup that everyone will eat.

Enjoy.

Much love,
Susan xoxo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay I'm making this. I've been looking for a great veggie soup and know that if it's one the family room puts out it's going to be great.
Thanks Susan
ps - I have heard through the grapevine that you are a brilliant cook. Now I'll have you thinking who this is leaving the comment.
G.B.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Susan this is a great recipe to keep and have on hand for the winter months. It's all stuff we all have in the cupboard or fridge. A great way to use up vegetables as well.
Tara

Anonymous said...

Susan this soup sounds great. I'm going to give it a try.
Thanks for everything I love reading your blog.
Rachael

Anonymous said...

Your soup was divine…
Thanks for sharing it with me…
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Rachel,

Thanks for that and thanks for commenting. I'm glad you finally took the step and left me a message ~ keep doing so...it's so easy.

Have a good one.

Susan

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics