Sunday, July 22, 2007

A Desert that Promises to Dazzle...

Well hello everyone I hope this post finds you all really well. I apologize for the lack of recent posts however I will explain soon (just a hint, the Sohn family recently made a big move to the USA)...... I'll stop there and share more with you at a later date ~ once the 'dust' has settled.

As most of you know Sam Cosatto is a phenomenal host, an incredible cook and really just an all round exceptional person. I asked her if she would share one of her simple yet scrumptious desert recipes with us and for anyone who knows Sam or has had the privilege of sampling her treats this is a good one. Without anymore from me enjoy the read, give it a go and let us know through our comments how you and yours enjoyed this yummy family favorite.

This one is for all you "non-bakers" out there who want a quick, easy dessert that will knock the socks of your dinner guests! 
 
WHITE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
 
200g White Toblerone (white chocolate with honey & almond nougat)
2 Eggs, separated
1 tbsp Caster Sugar
300ml Whipped Cream
1 tbsp Kahlua
250g Fresh Berries
 
Place chocolate, broken into pieces in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of hot water.  Stir until chocolate melts (it should only be just warm).  Remove from heat as soon as it has melted and add egg yolks.  Mix well.
 
Beat egg whites until stiff, add sugar and beat until sugar has dissolved.  Fold in chocolate mixture.  Then gently fold the chocolate mixture and Kahlua into the whipped cream. ( Feel free to sample the Kahlua at this point, remember it's 5pm somewhere in the world! )  Place a few mixed berries in the bases of 4 parfait glasses or chocolate box.  Spoon over the mousse.  Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.  Top with extra berries. YUM!

Enjoy and let me know how it works in your family or as you dazzle your guests.

Sam

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sam this sounds amazing and so simple. I'm in the heat of North America right now (I know you Aussie's are cooling off while we over here are roasting) and could use a coolish desert like this. I'm going to give it a go.

Thanks girls and keep going you are doing a wonderful job.
Trish from Alberta, Canada

Anonymous said...

Yum. I'm making this.
Thanks Sam.
Andrea - Australia

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics