Wednesday, August 15, 2007

CARDBOARD BOX - FREE, CAN OF YELLOW SPRAY PAINT $8.00, MEMORIES - PRICELESS


Hi everyone! I just have to let you all know about my recent success. I don’t know about you but it is only the rare occasions in parenting when I feel that things turn out just the way I imagined. This was one of those times.

The note came home from school. SCHOOL DISCO - COME AS YOUR FAVOURITE MOVIE CHARACTER. It was my 6 year old daughters first school disco, she was excited. “What can I go as Mum”? I jokingly suggested she go as Spongebob Squarepants. “YES” she screamed “I want to be Spongebob”. What had I done? How do I make a Spongebob? I tried to talk her out of it but it was to no use.

How do I go about this? Ok. What about some yellow foam? That would be easy. Or so I thought. Do you know how expensive a piece of foam is? It was going to cost me around $100 so I had to weigh up my options - those cute new flats in David Jones v’s Spongebob. Shoes won - hands down. Back to the drawing board.

Maybe a trip to Bunnings (hardware store) would inspire me. Off I went. To my surprise I found a perfectly sized cardboard box and better still it was free (I love Bunnings). Then I found the perfect “Spongebob yellow” spray paint. I only had a few hours before the disco started so home I went to create the masterpiece.

In a few short hours me and the garage were covered in yellow paint, I stood back and laughed as Spongebob Squarepants smiled back at me. (Though, in all honesty it could have been paint fumes that were making me laugh).

My daughter loved it! She was the hit of the school disco and she won best dressed.

So that’s one for me. Till next time. Here’s a snapshot for you!

Sam

5 comments:

thefamilyroom said...

Ok Sammy you are amazing!!!! You pull rabbits out of the hat all the time. Well done my friend ~ a very satisfying parenting moment. We applaud you.
Susan

catherine jayne said...

Oh my goodness...SO CUTE! I love it! You did good Sam! Very very very good.

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys! I had fun doing it. The box is now for hire!! Just kidding.
Sam.

Anonymous said...

this is great, well done Sam you've inspired me to make an effort next time.
jane

Anonymous said...

Sam,
What can I say, I reckon you are a legend, only you could pull this one off, G looks fantastic.

Belinda

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics