Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Chocolate Swirl Cookies.....Yum

Hey all it’s me again (Annie). Susan has been asking us for recipes so I thought I would pull this one together and post it for you. This is far and away my favourite cookie recipe. It is great treat for the kids as it is full of oatmeal.

I love serving these to my friends; they look great and taste amazing. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.

Happy baking!!

Annie x

CHOCOLATE SWIRL COOKIES (Makes 30)

Ingredients
250g butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups plain flour

2.5 cups oatmeal (processed in food processor)
A pinch salt
1 tsp baking powder
1tsp bicarb soda
2 cups good quality dark cooking chocolate

Method
Preheat oven to 180 C
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy add eggs and vanilla mix to combine. Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Melt the chocolate in a double saucepan over simmering water and set aside. Combine the wet and dry ingredients then pour the chocolate over the cookie mixture and fold gently (do not over mix you want a marbled effect). Roll into walnut sized balls and put on baking tray about 4cm apart
Bake 10 minutes, allow them to cool (if you can) then pour the kids a glass of milk and yourself a cup of tea or coffee, sit back, relax and enjoy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Annie I'm gonna make these I think the kids would like them (I think I will too). Sounds like an easy recipe for the kids to get in the kitchen and help with.

I'll let you know how they turn out.
Susan

Anonymous said...

I made these cookies yesterday! Just a little tip - It helps if you put the flour in!!!!
LOL. We were really looking forward to munching out on them. Even the mixture was yummy!
I will try again tomorrow.
Sam.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sam,

Isn't cookie dough an entity in itself? Maybe you've discovered something! Annie

Anonymous said...

MORE RECIPES LADIES. There should be one EVERYDAY! Then you can publish a cookbook in 1 year!

Anonymous said...

I'm making these cookies with my dad for my mom


7:42

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics