Monday, September 17, 2007

thefamilyroom Lifestyle

Hello all this is my first 'official' post on this blog. I'm really excited because I have been part of thefamilyroom since the beginning. I thought I'd take a quick moment today and share something I've been thinking about regarding thefamilyroom.

This past January I moved back to Canada from Sydney and it was extremely hard for me to say good-bye to everyone especially after being involved with the familyroom from (as I said) the very beginning. I found it really hard to leave something that was (and is) impacting so many people and making such a huge statement in the homes and communities around Australia. Now that I'm home, and have had time to think and reflect on my time in Sydney, I have began to realize that thefamilyroom isn’t simply about meetings and events, or even a blog...thefamilyroom is so much more, thefamilyroom is a LIFESTYLE!

You have probably read many posts on this blog that are very practical providing tips and helpful information that everyone can implement into their lives, families and homes. Strangely enough I kind of like the light has just gone on this week as I have been re-reading many of the posts. I have discovered that thefamilyroom is not contained or exclusive to one group of people, it’s US living a life that’s all about enlargement. It’s about being real, being thoughtful and kind, and eventually passing it onto other generations. thefamilyroom isn’t just about mums either (it’d better not be, otherwise I’m definitely in the wrong place ☺) there is something for everyone. thefamilyroom is truly a lifestyle, a daily choice, to not only make my world a better place, but to reach out and make someone else’s a bit better too.

So I guess the challenge for all of us, as we read and are encouraged and inspired by other people’s thoughts and experiences, is to do it within the context and culture of our own lives, wherever and however we can. That's my thought for today I hope you've enjoyed it.

Catherine (or CJ)

No comments:

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics