Tuesday, January 08, 2008

A Belated Happy New Year!


Hello again and Happy New Year to everyone from all of us at thefamilyroom!!!!! We have all missed communicating with you but trust you had a lovely Christmas and New Year. I know a few of you were bummed that we ‘stopped production’ during the holidays but hey everyone needs a break to simply hang with family and friends (maybe we’ll do it differently next year). We’re glad you missed us!!

I don’t know about you but I’m finding it hard to believe that the holidays are over and we are now into 2008 - I’m still at New Year’s Eve singing that Prince song, “Tonight I’m going to party like it’s 1999!!!!”

Honestly where are the years going? I don’t remember time flying like this when I was younger. Isn’t it funny that as a child, time almost felt like it stood still (at times) and if it moved you were able to catch it because you had so much energy. Now, as an adult, I find that time is flying at the speed of light and I no longer have that incredible energy to run after it and possibly even beat it. Thank goodness for thefamilyroom tips, ideas, lists and plans, if I didn’t have them I think I may simply fall off the edge of the world.

We had the best time in 2007 refining thefamilyroom and journeying with all of you.

The Blog:
Through our stats we know that many of you are reading the blog but haven’t crossed the line and started commenting and that’s okay, we love that you are ‘with’ us. Keep reading and keep sharing with your friends. To those of you who are commenting (katie lady, ohwise1, thewinner, Denise, justme, kg, Sahra, catherine jayne...just to name a few) thank you!!! It’s nice to hear some of your thoughts and your encouragement – keep them coming and keep sharing your stories

Facebook:
Our Facebook Group is now up and running and we will continue with that starting this week. It is a stack of fun so make sure you jump on and invite some friends. We really want to build a strong group and a place where we can share thoughts, ideas and other bits about building our families and our communities. It’s a great communication tool and SO easy so join us there.

New in 08:
2008 will see a number of new familyroom initiatives which are all really exciting – we will keep you posted and up to date on everything so don’t worry....you’ll all be the first to know!!

The first thing - Since thefamilyroom started I have been asked by a number of ‘guys’ how we will include the boys/men in thefamilyroom community, they love what we are doing and have done thus far however they seem to want a little more. That being said, this isn’t just for the boys/men so girls get ready.

Within the next 60 days (hopefully earlier, we’ll keep you posted) we will be launching a very new blog that will challenge the mind, encourage the soul, cause you to think in different ways and will take you to new places. It’s going to be great so let the boys/men know and watch this space friends!


I think I will stop for now. We really, really love what we are doing, we love family and community and we love that you are part of this community so stay with us, buckle up your seatbelt, put the little one’s in the car seat and together let’s continue driving on this road toward more.

As always, remember that the world looks better through smiling eyes and know that you aren’t alone, we’re doing this together.

Keep it simple but keep it real,

Susan J. Sohn

2 comments:

catherine jayne said...

Susan,
I'm so excited about 2008! There are so many cool things brewing up! I reckon familyroom is going to shake the planet!
As always love you, and the whole team!
~cj

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys are back. I've missed my familyroom connection. You guys are a breath of fresh air in my crazy day. I'm very excited about the things you have planned. You girls never seem to stop yet I know you do because your stories tell it like it is.
Welcome back and I hope you all had a wonderful break.
Julia

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics