Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Walnut and Parsley Pesto

Hi friends, here is a quick and tasty recipe I have developed as an alternative to traditional pesto (hence the slap dash nature of the recipe!).

I find it amazing how we can whip things up from the contents in our kitchen and (at times) our gardens if we have. With a little thought and some charm we can come up with some taste sensations..... Our family enjoyed this one so I thought I would share. Enjoy!

Ingredients

1 cup walnuts (or pecans, macadamias…)
11/2 cups roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
½ cup freshly grated romano cheese
5 cloves garlic roughly chopped
½ teaspoon salt
extra virgin olive oil (about 1/3 cup)

I make this in a food processor by putting all of the ingredients into the bowl and drizzling olive oil in as it whizzes. You know you have enough oil when the mixture is ground (not too smooth!) and saucy.

I serve this sauce with fresh pasta, it's also great on foccacia, baked vegetables or simply as a dip with some baked pita chips or crackers.

Annie

1 comment:

thefamilyroom said...

Okay Annie this sounds yum! I'm not a pesto person but with the added nuts I think I could be brought around. I love these recipes that are found through necessity.
Thanks.
Susan

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics