Monday, April 14, 2008

Another Day, Another Celebration!

After reading Susan’s blog yesterday, which I loved, I was inspired to follow her lead and share a few thoughts of my own.

The past few weeks have been eventful for our family, they have been weeks full of celebration of marriage, life, death (yes, even in death we can celebrate), new friendships and so much more. I must say I feel full and extremely rich and thankful to be exactly where I am right now in time.

Here’s a quick glace at what we’ve been celebrating:

• Four weeks ago I stood in front of family and friends and dedicated my life to the man of my dreams…..I got hitched and so far I love every moment of it.

• Two weeks ago I, with my family, celebrated my 22nd year of life. Birthday’s are always worth celebrating!

• This past Friday we celebrated my mum’s 50th year of life. She’s so excited and happy she keeps telling us she has at least 40 more good years under her belt.

• Sadly on the day of my birthday we were notified of my great uncles death so today I, again along with my family and friends, will celebrate his life and all that he was and did in this world.

• Tomorrow we will celebrate my parents 30th year of marriage. In this day and age this is a celebration that sadly not all will experience. We plan to ‘say it loud and say it proud’. They have made it and chose to keep going even when it was hard. For this I am forever grateful and I honor them for honoring their commitment to each other and to their three children who admire them.

These are the things we are celebrating. I'm learning more and more that everyday is precious. Every second of my life is to be cherished and used wisely. I remember in high school one of my favorite quotes was (and I can’t remember who said it) "a minute spent angry is 60 seconds of wasted happiness". How true...

I'm realizing that there is no benefit in holding grudges, getting revenge, being offended or being the one with the last, sharp word, it’s simply not worth it. Instead what I’m choosing to do is celebrate and cherish the moments I have. I have resolved to use my time wisely and as thefamilyroom crew always say, “let’s take time to smile, to hug, to give a word of encouragement and to slow down and BE and celebrate each other”.

Catherine Furukawa

PS:
Oh yeah, here’s an example of what I mean….. Today as I said good-bye to my husband he held me in his arms and told me that loved me. I'm so glad we said good-bye like that because we never know what the next moment holds for us. We used our moment well ☺

3 comments:

thefamilyroom said...

Awesome CJ I love it. I love the quote about 60 seconds wasted.....so true my friend.

Well done!
Susan

Anonymous said...

very moment is a gift...that's why it's called "the present".

Annie xx

Anonymous said...

That is EVERY moment is a gift!! Ax

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics