Friday, April 04, 2008

Life as it comes.... An email from a friend


I received this email the other day and I thought I would share it with all of you (I asked for permission of course). As the title says, this emails exemplifies ‘life as it comes’. The email is from Michaela, whom you all know and love, to her friends and family, simply filling them in on life and asking her community to step up when life gets hard.

Enjoy.

Susan

Email from Michaela to friends and family:

I hope this email finds you safe, happy and well.

Much ado about everything has been happening since the last update that I thought I'd share a little with you all so you can join our family in prayer. I'll make this a quick one.

Please pray for my younger sister who, for those who don't know, is living in the UK and has just had a new baby. My sister took ill the other day was rushed to hospital were, from what we gather, was in a semi-comatose state for 3 days and still has the doctors baffled as to why. She has come out of the woods (thank God) and is now responsive, but I would really appreciate your ongoing prayer for her, her husband and their three children for the weeks ahead when she will be in recovery. A BIG thanks to Evangeline’s brother and sister-in-law who kindly travelled from London to stay for a couple of days to help Luke out with things at home. Their five year old handled things fine, but their two year old lost the plot for a while and will hopefully be much better now knowing that mummy will be home soon. Their newborn was settled after realising that the bottle is now her new best friend. My brother-in-law is SUCH a good husband and father. Keep him in your thoughts and pray he will be strengthened during this time.

Just quickly, last week my 13 year old daughter Mannie flew up to Sydney to stay with my parents where she had a wonderful time terrorising Rocky (my youngest brother), playing with the last remaining chicken Blacky (Hero, Will's dog made a light meal of the other two Snowy and Teryaki and ate alfresco right outside the back door for the kids to see...so considerate of him!) and visiting various friends and relatives. She told me upon arrival back in windy Melbourne that she didn't have enough time to squeeze in all that she wanted to do and see all the people she had listed...oh the life of a traveller...a teenage traveller at that! Thank you to everyone who managed to pop in and spend some time with Mannie, she really misses everyone, as family and friends are everything to her. She was also grateful to live the life of a jetsetter for a week. Heaven help me when she’s 18 and wants to tour the world with her girlfriends!

Melbourne had gale force winds last Wednesday and many neighbouring suburbs are still blacked out. We were spared which is just as well because I just bought a fresh tub of chocolate ice cream! With the weather so bad I panicked slightly as that was the day Mannie flew in. She was fine when I FINALLY reached her. What should have been a 30min trip took 2.5hours as many roads were closed due to accidents. Once I got to the airport and was told Mannie was not on her flight and they had no record of her flying as an unaccompanied minor. Of course after getting her to search another few hundred times, I burst into tears with my brother on the other end of my frantic phone call trying to calm me down and help me figure out what the mix-up was. Basically the lady at check-in in Sydney told her she didn't need to worry about giving her the already filled in paperwork, so she was never registered as an unaccompanied minor. So you can see how after being so late I kinda lost it. That aside I am happy to have my baby back home nestled safely into our cute little house that is currently being showered with autumn leaves...a truly gorgeous sight. Autumn being my favourite season will be captured on our new camera so I can email you visual updates of our adventures.

For all those who love Thai, I have discovered the best Thai food in Australia at a dinky little restaurant called The King & I, which is close to home. For the rest of you who don't really care, try not to be jealous that Koko Black is not yet in Sydney or anywhere else that I know of. It is a Belgium chocolate and coffee house which makes whatever you’re gourmet choice of coffee and the like taste like drive through decaf.

I'll sign off now. Thanks to all who have already committed to pray for my sister and thanks to all who'll begin. Knowing that you’re all spread across the world, but still a phone call or an email away helps during the rough patches.

Love to all,
Michaela.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michaela,
Loved reading your story and I will be praying for your sister. I remember Melbourne Autumn's just as you described it - the autumn leaves are one of my favourite childhood memories! Take care, Joelle xx

Anonymous said...

Thank you Joelle. I really appreciate it. Hope all is well with you and your little ones.
Michaela.

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics