Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Life Without Seat Belts ~ Philip Sohn


Well everyone it has finally happened!!! After much asking, encouraging and prodding thefamilyroom BOYS have finally stepped up to the plate. By that I mean my hubby Philip and Belinda's hubby Mark have, in one week, both given me articles for the blog. 

This is extremely exciting because for quite sometime now many of you loyal friends have been asking for something for the men. Well, here it is and interestingly enough it's not just for the men, the girls will enjoy their articles as well.  So sit back, relax and enjoy the first of (hopefully) many more articles from the BOYS!
Susan 

Life Without Seat Belts

I'm old enough to remember: laying in the back window shelf...yup, where the speakers are behind the rear seats. Usually I would look up at the sky and occassionally, get car sick looking back at the vehicle following us.

Yes I know Princess Di would probably have survived, if she were wearing her seat belt, and Lord knows how many lives have been saved since the advent of mandatory seat belts.

I have a couple of pet hates: the big food/big pharma/big insurance conspiracy, but namely big insurance. I really don't like insurance companies. For those involved in that industry, or have benefitted from having insurance, I don't intentionally want to offend you.

Now insurance feeds off fear. ie. what if negative scenario analysis. Flood, fire, accident......acts of God. Where maiming gets you more money than dying........where they calculate odds to do with your life/death issues.

Yes, seat belts save lives. And your insurance is lower because of them......

But remember life without seat belts? Unbridled, carefree. Think about it. A life without fear. Full of hope. Full of faith. Full of peace.

Philip

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great Philip. Trying to have some part of our busy lives 'unbridled' as you say. Those truly were the days.
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Hi Philip,
Very true, loved your blog. It's fantastic that you are writing on the FamilyRoom Blog as you have so much to offer. I think you write wonderfully.
Belinda

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics