Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Friendship


I was thinking the other day just how lucky I am to have a wonderful group of friends that I do life with.

The dictionary definition of friend or friendship is: “One attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard”.

One of my close friends, Annie, who is part of the Family Room, has had a really sick little boy in hospital for the past three weeks. She is amazing in the way she has managed to stay strong and confident whilst being very sleep deprived and worried.

Annie and her family are such givers, always helping others, and it was fantastic to see people coming alongside to do whatever was necessary to help them through this tough time.
Friendship is about standing beside in the time of need, having a cry or a laugh together and just knowing that you have someone you can call on anytime.

I have wonderful friends here in Australia and overseas and I consider myself so blessed, as not everyone can say that.

As you read this blog, can I encourage you that to get friends you need to be a friend? It really works. You start to build a community around you and you get so much out of it, just by giving of yourself.

Friendship is a journey that can take years to travel, but one which can last a lifetime.

Bea

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Bea, love this article. You say it so well. I too am thankful for the amazing friends I have all over the world and you are one of those amazing people.

I love this.

Susan

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics